Trying something new in the way of plant based eating due to my over-consumption of plant based sensationalism this Covid 19 Memorial Day weekend by the likes of What The Health, The Game Changers and Forks Over Knives. I had always heard of these documentaries but never took the time to see them; and while happy I was able to get that level of awareness, I’m not sure I will 100% follow this lifestyle to a T, as many of the sensationalized claims have been debunked. As with all things, I tread responsibly and in moderation.
It’s unfortunate that the (meat) industry is what it is in many areas, and me deciding to make a change to go plant-based exclusively isn’t going to put a dent into the damage already caused by this industry on an agricultural level.
Healthwise, yes there is some truth to the sensationalized claims as most people have over consumed and abused meat to the point of disease, but the total absence of animal protein can arguably have its disadvantages. However a more balanced and inclusive plant-based diet can be of great benefit; And with that mindset, here’s a first shot at a plant based recipe I tried. It’s so good that the entire bunch was consumed in one setting.
Warning – While this recipe is still being perfected, I’m encouraging you to start with this as a base and modify it as you see fit. I personally would’ve preferred it just a bit crispier.
Conscious naked eating. Stay healthy. Enjoy!
• Cauliflower florets, 1 head
• 3/4 cup flour (I mixed 1/2c flour + 1/4 tapioca starch)
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 3/4 cup butter milk (or plant based beverage + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
• 2 tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil)
• 1/3 c buffalo sauce (i.e. Franks)
• preheat oven 375/400
• line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper
• Combined spices, and flour
• Add in liquid til batter is formed
• Place on baking sheets and bake 20 mins on each side
• Separately make the buffalo sauce by combining buffalo sauce + butter (or coconut oil)
• Toss cooked cauliflower with sauce
• Place in air fryer at 350 shaking periodically until desired crispiness